Sunday, January 17, 2010
So Amulet 3 is done! I ended up painting 125 of the 198 pages in the book, which was a huuuge undertaking, but I learned a ton in the process. I was also able to help out with some story editing duties for this book, which was a ton of fun. Kazu and I were able to spend a lot of time bouncing ideas off of each other, and I think having that extra layer of editorial input really strengthened the final product. The book is really a fantastic read, and I can't wait until September when everyone can get their hands on it.
Here's one of the spreads Kazu posted today. This is one that me, Anthony, and Kazu all worked on, and it turned out to be one of the best spreads in the book as a result.
Now it's on to Flight 7 stuff before we start on Amulet 4 in March. I'll also be helping Jake out on Missile Mouse 2 in the meantime. Sounds like it's going to be another busy year, and I am super excited.